MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Kunste Onbeperk is a non-profit organisation that annually presents the Klein Karoo National Arts Festival (KKNK); Klein Karoo Klassique; Teksmark; various workshops and programmes as part of the Arts Academy; as well as online festivals in 2020 and 2021. The KKNK’s mission is to celebrate and expand the arts by creating and maintaining sustainable platforms, and to invest optimally in the creation and management of unique content with relevant projects that add value to our communities. For more information, visit www.kknk.co.za
The organisation requires the services of an experienced Marketing and Communications Manager to perform and manage all marketing activities, as well as communication with stakeholders of Kunste Onbeperk’s festivals, productions and other projects. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in marketing, and be passionate about the arts. Experience in the marketing of theatre productions, festivals, or arts and culture activities will be to a candidate’s advantage.
In order to strengthen strategic leadership in the implementation of Kunste Onbeperk’s vision, the successful candidate must deliver the following key performance areas, amongst others:
- Develop and implement an integrated media and marketing strategy that effectively supports the corporate identity and goals
- Develop and implement a specific social media strategy to ensure constant strengthening of the KKNK’s exposure on social media platforms
- Take charge of the planning and implementation of marketing campaigns, activities and projects
- Ensure exposure and activation of campaigns on various printed and digital media
- Provide guidance to and manage media and marketing specific service providers
- Negotiate with media partners for value and cost-effective media packages
- Manage and ensure the timeous delivery of essential elements like the festival guide, advertisements and marketing material
- Manage effective, targeted communication to all stakeholders of the organisation
- Manage the writing, editing and translation of copy and documents
- Grade 12, plus a relevant degree or diploma
- A minimum of five years relevant working experience, specifically within a marketing and/or sales milieu
- Proven record of marketing, advertising, publicity, events coordination and public relations
- Media liaison
- An exemplary understanding of digital and social media platforms, with dexterity in the effective application thereof
- Use of relevant technology for marketing work
- Management of a budget
- Staff management
- Excellent use of Afrikaans and English (verbal and written)
- Experience in the planning, managing, or marketing of theatre productions and festivals will be advantageous
- Ability to edit copy and documents
- Creative thinking
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Must be responsible, trustworthy and credible
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Particular ability to work optimally under pressure and to function independently
Take note that Kunste Onbeperk’s head office is located in Oudtshoorn, and the successful candidate will ideally live in the Klein Karoo. Candidates who do not, or cannot live in the Klein Karoo will be considered, but will be required to be present in Oudtshoorn at times in the build-up to, and during projects.
All appointments comply with our BEE requirements.
Prospective candidates must e-mail a Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Lizané Basson (email@example.com). Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged.
Closing date for applications: 17 September 2021
Kunste Onbeperk reserves the right to not make an appointment in the position as advertised.